[Qgis-user] Extending an existing line with the vertex tool - combination with tracing possible?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 4 00:38:45 PST 2022

Hi Simon and Nicolas,

Yes, that was our idea, too - to merge two or more lines that share
their start/end vertices.

But unfortunately, this doesn't work for us, because we edit in a very
complex data model and QGIS doesn't preserve feature Ids when merging
features --> all of our DB relations would then fail.

See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/47629

I asked our commercial support provider to hopefully fix this issue ...
then we could go the "merge route".

Andreas