[Qgis-user] QGIS - repeated connections

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 9 04:17:46 PST 2022

Hi,

Yes, you can limit the nr of CPU cores that render in QGIS - and this
will limit the PG connections.

Menu "Settings" --> "Options" --> "Rendering".

If you disable the checkbox "Render layers in parallel using many CPU
cores", this will force QGIS to go single threaded for drawing - or you
can use the setting to the right of it and set it to use max 2 CPU
cores, which will restrict it to two connectsions max.

The much better solution, however, would be to use a connection pool
solution (like pgBouncer). Then the idle connections will be temporarily
disconnected from the PG server. See the pgBouncer documentation.

Greetings,

Andreas