[Qgis-user] Opening a layout in "Zoom full" view

Tony Shepherd (FarmMaps NZ) tony at farmmaps.nz
Wed Nov 2 13:42:46 PDT 2022

Hi Nicolas

Yes, I too had those issues with MapInfo and AutoCAD in a previous life.  This is a stock standard QGIS layout, just a normal A4 and A3 layout, both either portrait or landscape.

Any saved project, or any new project.  Add a layout or two that contain the normal layout elements (map window(s), scale bars, free text, attribute table etc).  All elements are within the “page”. Close everything, open that saved project file, open the layout or layouts, and the first view you get of that layout is a small view (say 20% or so).  Then press the View Extents button and then it zooms to the extent as expected.  So that tells me if there was an element placed in a strange place within the layout then zooming to the extents would then make that rogue element obvious, so in my case, I am sure that is not the reason.

I think it would be a good feature that when saving a project, the layout will open at the same view scale as when the project was saved, or perhaps have a flag that allows you to set a default layout zoom scale.

It seems to me that in V3.26, when using any project file old or new, the layouts seem to open at a much smaller zoom scale than previous version.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Shepherd  |  GeoSpatial / Mapping Manager

Ph 027 435 6193  |  E  <mailto:tony at farmmaps.nz> tony at farmmaps.nz  |  W  <http://shepherdphotos.co.nz/> shepherdphotos.co.nz

 <https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISTLGORE2>

Cheers

Tony