[Qgis-user] SAGA Strahler Order

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Thu Nov 3 05:59:49 PDT 2022

> *Nicolas Cadieux*njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
> <mailto:qgis-user%40lists.osgeo.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BQgis-user%5D%20SAGA%20Strahler%20Order&In-Reply-To=%3CE707550A-5FD7-42E0-985F-99AD4CA48506%40gmail.com%3E>
> /Wed Nov 2 04:51:46 PDT 2022/
> I have not looked at saga lately but I am surprised to see it’s not supported in windows?!

Hi Nicolas and Adamu,
the message "SAGA version 7.8.2 is not officially supported - algorithms
may encounter issues." is only a warning message, not an error message.
The meaning of the message is about the fact that QGIS developers only
take (actually, took) care of some files (the "description" files),
needed by the SAGA processing provider, that are suited for the version
2.3 of SAGA. Since the SAGA version installed by the OSGeo4W installer
on Windows is SAGA 7.8 and the "description" files are programmatically
created by SAGA itself and they are not maintained by the QGIS
developers for such SAGA version, then the warning message appears.

It only means that the SAGA processing algorithms should work, but some
of them may be not work... The warning could be disabled, if annoying,
just commenting out some lines in Python. For more details, please see
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/46837.

So, actually there is an issue only if one particular SAGA algorithm
doesn't work as expected and throws real error messages.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea