[Qgis-user] Problem display overlapping lines

Bombonato Antonio Maria antoniomaria.bombonato at italtel.com
Thu Nov 3 12:12:15 PDT 2022

Hello,
First of all, sorry for my english.
My name is Antonio Bombonato and it is the first time I ask a question to this mailing list.

I have a shapefile with multiple routes (each one is identified by an univoque OBJECT_ID) and some are partially overlapped (i.e they share the same segment). I need to display these routes so they are all visible and without overlapping.

i tryed using line offset but some line still remains overlapped.
Any idea to solve the problem, possibly using a python script, will be appreciated.

Attached the starting shapefile (cables) and the desired result I want to obtain (target).
In this case the shapefile target was created manually moving the vertices of each line.

P.S. I use 3.16.7-Hannover QGIS version

Best regards,
Antonio

[cid:image001.png at 01D8EFC0.90480D30]