[Qgis-user] Problem display overlapping lines

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:40:09 PST 2022

Hi,

It would be nice to have this QGIS.  My first reaction is to use line
offset but the end result is not predictable. You may need to work with
Python to do this.  You could also probably create a model.

If you need to identify the overlapping segments, you can use my Fix
Directional Network model 1 to 3.  You can download this on the plugin
page.
https://plugins.qgis.org/models/?order_by=-upload_date&&is_gallery=true

The first model will check the Geometries.  Test with all default
values.  After running this model, run the second model.  It should
identify all partially overlapping lines.  This layer will be called
"Potential Problem || Overlapping lines." You can open the second model
and look at the "Find overlapping lines" algorithm to see how it's
done.   It should find any overlapping or partially overlapping lines.

This video should help you figure things out. https://youtu.be/v61PafSByvM

It's not a total solution but it's at least a start!

Nicolas Cadieux