[Qgis-user] query for Virtual Layer in relation to another layer

Uwe Fischer gisfisch at t-online.de
Fri Nov 4 05:59:35 PDT 2022

Jürgen,

great - it works as expected!! Thank you!
How can I find out about the engine that is used and the SQL syntax for virtual layers? I'd like to learn about it to be able to build more queries like this one.

Thanks again and best regards,

Uwe

Jürgen wrote:

Not sure which engine virtual layers actually use, but I'd try || instead of +

As in

sqlite> select '%' || 'foo' || '%';
%foo%

instead of

sqlite> select '%' + 'foo' + '%';
0

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC