[Qgis-user] Update Atrributes with one Click

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Wed Nov 9 02:54:43 PST 2022

Hi Roland,

In general I see the following three options:

1. SQL (perhaps the most efficient one if you have strict rules)

2. Processing Model: you could create a processing model for selection and
updating of features with attributes.

3. Interactive update with QGIS tools: For interactive update: you could
select features based on expressions (select by expression tool) and then
use the multi-update feature of QGIS described at
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/attribute_table.html#multi-edit-fields

Of course you would have to do the homework to define the rules for
selections (also based on multiple tables) and updates - for either of  the
above methods.

Hope this helps to get started ...

Greetings,
Andreas

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 at 09:49, Roland Spielhofer via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to manually check a large points dataset for errors and if I find
> one, I update three attributes (always the same 3, one set to 1, two set to
> 0) of the point.
> Is there a quick way to automat this updating?
> Currently I click with Identify features on the point feature, right click
> in the identify results panel and select "Edit feature form" and manually
> type in the values at the attributes.
> Selecting multiple points and update simultaneously does not work, as I
> have to check attributes of another layer before I can decide if the
> points' attributes need an update.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Regards,
> Roland