[Qgis-user] Model for Temporal Measurement (vector) Datasets ?

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:56:42 PDT 2022

Richard and list,

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Richard Duivenvoorde via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anybody is aware of a model in which data owns a location, but THAT
> location has a (growing) set of [timestamp, value] observation data to
> it....
>
> We've done this but clumsily by duplicating the spatial data, one for each
point (ie a one-to-many join).

Also with start-datetime and end-datetime which is even uglier - the
overlap of datetime of occurrence vs datetime of display is really ugly,
especially when you're trying to visually display "point of ignition",
"bloom", "fading away" if you get my meaning.  A sort of heat map but
automated.

Anyway, as may be obvious from the above I'm also very interested.  Years
ago in the IJGIS there was an article about design of spatial databases
with time measures, but sad to say all my IJGIS issues have long since been
recycled.

Maybe someone is doing this in d3.js?  Seems like a logical framework for
this sort of thing...

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.