[Qgis-user] Profile data (other than plugins) that can cause crashes?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Sep 22 00:52:15 PDT 2022

Not sure if this is in your capabilities, but I would try to compile/install QGIS myself (in debug mode).
Then read up a little about the first steps of gdb, and start QGIS via gdb, then upon a crash the debugger will jump in and you will get some context about the crash.
Even without debugger a in debug mode compiled QGIS will show a lot of info in it's stacktrace.

I'm not aware of other methods (on Kubuntu) to show this..

Some other options:
- try to close the 'browser-panel', I've seen some issues with that one (though not crashes)
- minimize your plugins, or if possible try if you can make QGIS crash without any plugin
- maybe make a list of types of data you load in your projects (to see if it could be data related)
- is it project file related (are you using older projects, not that that should be a problem, but..)

Please create an issue report, with as much info as possible

Others?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde