[Qgis-user] New crowdfunding campaign: point clouds and 3D improvements in QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:35:56 PDT 2022

On Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 16:40, Saber Razmjooei
<saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Many thanks for your email.
> @Nyall Dawson can comment on that, but I think it should be possible to add SVG format too as an option to export elevation profiles to.

The issue with including SVG export is the time-old limitation in Qt
regarding SVG exports when clipping paths are present. We use clipping
paths heavily in the elevation plots, so if we exported these to SVG
then the clipping would be ignored and the results would be an
unusable mess.

(I'll revisit this when the issue is resolved in Qt, as the actual
QGIS part of SVG exports is trivial)

Nyall