[Qgis-user] New crowdfunding campaign: point clouds and 3D improvements in QGIS

pathmapper pathmapper at posteo.de
Wed Sep 28 00:46:48 PDT 2022

> We use clipping paths heavily in the elevation plots, so if we exported
> these to SVG
> then the clipping would be ignored and the results would be an unusable
> mess.

If the clipPath element is used for clipping, then the following might
be of interest.

Came across a limitation in Qt regarding SVG for marker symbols
recently:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/50208

Julien investigated and opened a ticket at Qt:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-106720

The outcome was that Qt uses SVG Tiny, which includes only a subset of
the features included in the SVG Full spec.

Looks like the clipPath element is not supported by SVG Tiny:
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny/#sec-eleind

Don't know if there are any plans to support SVG Full in Qt, from the
ticket linked above I didn't got this impression.

Maybe there's a way to use something else instead of clipPath for
clipping, which is supported by SVG Tiny.

Cheers Björn