[Qgis-user] Question Re: Map Exporting (How to keep Map labels the same size when exporting Map as pdf or image via composer manager)

Michael Raymond Michael.Raymond at northnorthants.gov.uk
Thu Apr 6 02:28:16 PDT 2023

Good morning,

I’m messaging as, when I export my Map as pdf (or as image) the labels on the Map are smaller than what is shown when I preview after “drawing the map” in the composer manager.

At present I can remedy this to an extent by lowering the MAP dpi in composer manager, but this obviously comes at the cost of the labels teetering on illegibility (which is just another version of the issue I’m trying to remedy in the first place). I understand a better remedy might be a case of converting the raster layer (which I am only presuming is the underlying map that I’m having issues with) “from pixels to points” (or vice versa).

However, I have QGis version 2.18.28 and there doesn’t appear to be any explicit function pertaining to this, and indeed said remedy may in fact be something different entirely. Am open to any alternative resolutions if so, hope you can help?

Note: Have attached a version of the Map which I’ve managed to sort based on lowering the dpi, which as you can see works ok but it would be preferred to have it clearer.

Regards,

Mike Raymond ǀ Place Information Officer
Performance, Intelligence and Partnerships
North Northamptonshire Council
Cedar Drive, Thrapston, Northants NN14 4LZ
T: 0300 126 3000 | DD:  07423799714

Twitter:@NNorthantsC
Facebook:@NorthNorthants
Web: www.northnorthants.gov.uk<http://www.northnorthants.gov.uk/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D96872.5C0AC370]

Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily those of North Northamptonshire Council unless explicitly stated.

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any confidential, sensitive or protectively marked material must be handled accordingly.

If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained in the email or attachments, and all copies must be deleted immediately. If you do receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and note that confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost.

North Northamptonshire Council may monitor the contents of emails sent and received via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and the Council’s policies and procedures. All such monitoring will take place in accordance with relevant legislation including privacy and data protection legislation. For details of how North Northamptonshire Council uses personal information please see the Council’s website.

North Northamptonshire Council has scanned this email and attachments for viruses but does not accept any responsibilities for viruses once this email has been transmitted. You should therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents.

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.