[Qgis-user] Question Re: Map Exporting (How to keep Map

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 07:55:47 PDT 2023

 Hi Mike,
Firstly I would say that you should seriously think about updating your QGIS, as 2.18.28 is very old. The current long term release version is 3.28.5. QGIS 3 has many improvements over 2, and has been in development for long enough that the bugs are mostly worked out. I can not remember your specific issue from 2, but I know that labeling has been much improved recently in 3, with very good, but not necessarily perfect, correspondence between how labels look in the layout and how they look on exported pdf's and images, the difference is mostly just that occasionally a label will not shows up on an export when it is present in the layout. I have not noticed differences in size or font. The correspondence between labels in the map canvas and the layout/print is much improved also.
You may want to try adjusting your map canvas scale to match the scale in the layout. I have found that there is usually a sweet spot where the map canvas labels display almost exactly the same as in the layout.

-Thayer

    On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 06:14:49 AM EDT, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org <qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote: From: Michael Raymond <Michael.Raymond at northnorthants.gov.uk>