[Qgis-user] Copying collected shape file to another shape file

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Apr 18 10:35:59 PDT 2023

Hi,
just a wild guess (as I do not work with shape files anymore):
Did you check the properties of the target layer?
Is it a MultiPolygon-Layer or just a Polygon-Layer?

It might be possible that, when the target layer was created outside of
QGIS, that it is plain Polygon, while QGIS always creates Multipolygon
layers.
But I might be wrong

Cheers,
Bernd