[Qgis-user] Copying collected shape file to another shape file

Riccardo riccardopani at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 02:35:43 PDT 2023

Good morning to all,

I need a hint about using Qgis, I hope someone of you could answer me.

I created an area shape file using the collect/multipart operation and in such a way as to associate several areas to the same tabular record.

I need to copy this shape file to another shape file for a requirement of a standard delivery.

Unfortunately, the shape file where I copy my original shape file collected doesn't keep the collect property, and so I have a copied shape file with every area associated to a unique record and not a a shape file with more area associated to a unique record as the original shape file.

How can I conserve this property during the copy between two shape files?

Many thanks!

Best Regards.

Riccardo.