[Qgis-user] Opening GEOTIFF file in QGIS support request

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Apr 25 19:44:32 PDT 2023

Hi GIno,

QGIS should 'just show/open/ geotiff's fine.

Can you open the geotiff in another viewer?
If not, or uncertain, are you sure it is a GEO-tiff (that is it contains the spatial info?) and not a 'normal tiff'?
If so: can you provide the output of 'ogrinfo <your.tiff>? This should show you info about the CRS/bbos/scale etc...

Is the CRS (Coordinate Projection System / 'projection') of your tiff set to the right value (comparted to your other layers or project crs)?

Regards,

Richard Duienvoorde