[Qgis-user] Opening GEOTIFF file in QGIS support request

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Wed Apr 26 02:31:05 PDT 2023

Hi Gino,
Just to echo what Richard Duienvoorde said, QGIS should handle GeoTIFF perfectly fine. I use the format myself when working with raster's in QGIS.
First question's I would ask would be:

1)Are you getting any error messages when you load the Raster? What are they??
2)Is the Raster appearing in the Layer Panel?
3)Have you tried Dragging and dropping the Raster onto the Map Canvas?
4) As have a look at the Layer Properties, under Information. Look to see the rasters CRS, if its correct. Sometimes, the CRS isn't imbedded, resulting in it being displayed incorrectly.

If you, as Richard said could share any information about the raster with us, we could be of more help. As it is we have little to go on.
Kind Regards,

Richard

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964   T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——
To send me files larger than 30MB, please use the link below https://filetransfer.opw.ie/filedrop/richard.mcdonnell@opw.ie

Email Disclaimer: https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/439daf-email-disclaimer/

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964   T +353 46 942 2409
https://www.opw.ie

——