[Qgis-user] Opening GEOTIFF file in QGIS support request

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Apr 27 00:50:59 PDT 2023

Hi Gino (please also keep the mailing list into the loop :-) ),

What I see in your screenshot looks fine?
I see you loaded a project in EPSG:4326 (lower right corner), and you data is apparently also fine, as I see coordinates 32/-116 (northern Mexico, or southern California?).
This is not what you supposed to see? Raster data (unlike aerials etc) are squares, with one or more data value's for every square. Which historically is shown in a white to black styling (as you can see).
You can put the OpenStreetMap beneath it, to have more reference (and an idea about the size/precision of your data)?

About ogrinfo.. sorry I meant gdalinfo this is a commandline too (also in the QGIS install of Windows), which shows information about gis-data (gdalinfo for rasters, ogrinfo for vector)..

Or am I missing your point?
Can you share you download url from the Wind Atlas? (I see they have a lot of types of data). And as asked: what were you hoping to see?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde