[Qgis-user] How to quickly open Layer Properties in QGIS 3.32?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sat Aug 12 23:17:59 PDT 2023

Hi all,

In QGIS 3.28 and 3.30 I was able to right-click on a layer to open the
layer properties.

I just moved to a new PC with a fresh QGIS install of 3.32.1-Lima
(didn't carry my old profile across) and now when I right-click on a
layer it gives me a popup where I can do very little, only show/hide
the layer and change the symbol colour.

If I double-click on the layer it brings up the "Symbol Selector"
window where I can further tweak the symbol but do nothing else.

If I go to the Settings menu and choose Options, then select the
"Canvas & Legend" page, there is an option "Double-click action in
legend".  If this is set to either "Open attribute table" or "Open
layer styling dock" then double-clicking a layer does just that,
however setting it to "Open layer properties" causes a double-click to
open the Symbol Selector window instead of the layer properties.

The only way I have found to get the Layer Properties to open is to
choose that menu item from the Layer menu, which is quite slow for
something I do all the time.

Is there a way to get the old behaviour back, either with the original
right-click menu or at least some way to configure QGIS to open the
Layer Properties on double-click instead of the Symbol Selector?

Thanks,
Adam.