[Qgis-user] Building footprint extraction from satellite image

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 05:57:05 PDT 2023

Hi,

Not exactly what your asking for but have you seen the Microsoft building
footprints work?

https://github.com/microsoft/USBuildingFootprints

That data, in combination with rapid or the mapwithai josm plugin has been
helpful to me on  building footprints work.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rapid

I've definitely seen problems with the footprints that need to be fixed
before they're added to osm but I would guess any image recognition based
footprints would need some cleanup.