[Qgis-user] Building footprint extraction from satellite image

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 14:16:32 PDT 2023

 Hi Michael,
Not sure what the current state of the art is in opensource AI for building recognition from aerial imagery is, but I think you can at least get started with Orfeo Toolbox, and or TensorFlow. Orfeo can be used in QGIS but you have to download and install it separately.As you are a JOSM user, you may already be in the know, but just in case I will remind you:If you do go this route and intend to bulk upload to OSM please read the OSM Wiki pages for automated edits.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_editsand imports:https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines
-Thayer