[Qgis-user] New Day/Night Terminator Algorithm

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 09:21:06 PDT 2023

I released a new "Day/Night terminator" algorithm as a part of the "Earth,
Sun, Moon, & Planets" plugin. I was able to get some help to implement the
algorithm that does the work.

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/earthsunmoon/

The new algorithm creates vector layers for the day/night terminator line,
polygon layers associated with sunrise/sunset, civil twilight, nautical
twilight and astronomical twilight, and the position of the sun directly
overhead. Since I can't include images, here are some links to images
representing the plugin's capabilities.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeT6xtLOBkIp5QN2q2FH2bd94V7XRU2Z/view?usp=drive_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1JDBlQGqE9Wi3qs34jNX5IIaYtT4kxw/view?usp=drive_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/148oAwFt7zpL1OChm3GWUq4FtxTckctjr/view?usp=drive_link

The "Day/Night terminator" and "Sun position directly overhead" work as is,
but the rest of the plugin's capabilities require installing Time Zone
Finder and Skyfield (pip install timezonefinder skyfield).

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks,
Calvin