[Qgis-user] QGIS attribute forms question

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Mon Dec 4 20:27:00 PST 2023

> It can take several hours to create such a form where there are 80+
> columns in the underlying database table,
>
> I now have the situation where the underlying table needs columns
> added or removed.
>
> QGIS will not apply a saved form to a layer unless the structure is
> identical.
>
> How can I reuse a form for a layer representing a database table with
> (say) a single new column, by adding the new column to the form,
> rather than manually creating the whole form from scratch?

I'm not sure if there's a better way, but can you duplicate the form,
add or remove columns as needed to match the target, then use that as
your saved form?

In other words, instead of copying one form and trying to make it fit
onto a different structure, can you modify the source form/structure so
you get a new saved form that already matches the updated structure?

I'm assuming you're talking about copying and pasting the "Attributes
Form" from one layer to another but I could be misunderstanding.

Cheers,
Adam.