[Qgis-user] IDW Interpolation not working, help!?

Jos Thio Thio at geoscience.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 06:17:45 PST 2023

Hi All,

I have been attempting to interpolate some data, but have been unable to make any progress. The function is not working - I have already uninstalled two new versions of Q to see if it works before returning to Firenze. However, still no luck.

I hit 'Run' - the meter shoots to 99% - before dropping to 0% and hanging.

Can anyone suggest a fix or know what is going on?

  *   which QGIS version ? - 3.28.13

  *   what are you expecting to get? - an interpolated surface made from z-value in points shapefile cut to the extent of a polygon

  *   if applicable, what have you tried and the result you got? - No results, simply left hanging on 0% for over 40 minutes before quitting application

[cid:6e8845b6-6b7d-4dd4-a9e5-f09693cdcc98]

Jos Thio

Geothermal Geologist

GeoScience Limited

[cid:8c6e3d18-db87-4bda-a9ff-f55421271e07]

Oilfield Geomechanics <https://www.geoscience.co.uk/oilfieldgeomechanics> -   Geothermal Engineering <https://www.geoscience.co.uk/geothermal>  -  Ground Source Heat Pumps<https://www.geoscience.co.uk/gshp>
[cid:4b9c8e7e-98d6-4e43-86ea-dcad39af9775]

tel: +44 (0) 1326 211070 | web: www.geoscience.co.uk<http://www.geoscience.co.uk/>

Falmouth Business Park | Bickland Water Rd | Falmouth | Cornwall | TR11 4SZ | UK
Registered in England No: 1930745

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. If you have received this email in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Any communication of a personal nature in this message is not made by or on behalf of any GeoScience Group company. Please note that the sender’s email address and all other GeoScience Group email addresses are not valid addresses for the service of legal proceedings.