[Qgis-user] Problem with Python/Qgis

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:36:44 PST 2023

Gael and list,

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 8:03 AM Gael Kermarrec via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> I am trying to install Qgis from Ubuntu 20.04 but everytime I make sudo
> apt install qgis qgis-plugin-grass I become the following:
>

> The following packages contain unsatisfied dependencies:
> qgis: Depends on python3-qgis (= 1:3.22.16+32focal) but
> 1:3.26.3+32focal-ubuntugis needs to be installed
> Depends on qgis-providers (= 1:3.22.16+32focal) but
> 1:3.26.3+32focal-ubuntugis needs to be installed
> Depends on qgis-common (= 1:3.22.16+32focal) but
> 1:3.26.3+32focal-ubuntugis needs to be installed
> qgis-plugin-grass: Depends on qgis-plugin-grass-common (=
> 1:3.22.16+32focal) but 1:3.26.3+32focal-ubuntugis needs to be installed
> Depends on grass782
> E: Unable to correct problems, defective packages are in "keep in the
> current state" mode.
>
> I have no idea what I should do to make it works. Maybe somebody had the
> same problem, I would be grateful to get some support as I would like to
> work with QGis.
>
> It looks as though you might be trying to work with the ubuntugis PPA.  If
that's so, maybe you should consider trying the suggested methodology on
the QGIS site here:

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

If you just want to correct the unsatisfied dependencies, it's probably
worth trying your command again with the "-f" option:

apt install -f qgis qgis-plugin-grass

In any event, I suggest you read this useful mini-tutorial on fixing
unsatisfied dependencies.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/140246/how-do-i-resolve-unmet-dependencies-after-adding-a-ppa
--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.