[Qgis-user] osgeo4w not updating installation

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Wed Dec 13 02:28:50 PST 2023

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.
I've been experimenting with running OSGEO4w installer from command line to update the ltr with out having to click OK 15 times.
I used the following commands  -k -o -g --quiet-mode --packages qgis-ltr-full -R "C:\OSGeo4W"

This appeared to run, and if I run setup again it shows 3.28.13-2 as installed, but if I actually open qgis it is still 3.28.12
Even if I uninstall and reinstall with OSGEO4W-setup it remains 3.28.12
There are no standalone versions installed.

Anyone have any ideas what I might have done wrong or how to fix it?  Deleting the entire OSGeo4W directory and starting again works, but doesn't help with my plan to make updates easier!