[Qgis-user] Support for Mesh layers (netCDF) on Postgis/Postgresql: is it possible?

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Wed Dec 13 10:27:17 PST 2023

Hi,

I'm playing with netCDF files. I add them to QGIS using the mdal
provider (mesh layer). Reading netCDF data from files works very well.

My question is: is it possible to read netCDF data from Postgis/Postgresql?

I can store netCDF files in Postgis using raster2pgsql, but the data is
stored as raster and I can only open it as raster in QGIS and not as
mesh. Is works, but not as good as the mesh support.

I'm storing it, using something like this:

raster2pgsql -s 4326 -d -I -C -M AZ1_HS_2023101200.nc -F
public.az1_hs_2023101200 | psql service=atlantico

Thanks in advance,

Jorge Gustavo