[Qgis-user] Technical advice

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 12:43:15 PST 2023

 Hi Assil,
To save yourself from having to click away all of the error popups, you should always click the "Test Connection" button below the authentication section when you are creating a new connection.

If Hannes' answer does not solve your problem, it would be helpful if you send the full error that you are seeing. There are several possible errors that PostgreSQL could be returning, and the approach will vary depending on the error. You might also want to describe what method you used to connect to PostgreSQL and to create the database (psql, PGAdmin, DBeaver etc.). Your PostgreSQL may have stopped running and you may need to restart it, etc. that is why you want to check that you can still connect.

You also may want to check the documentation page to make sure you are filling in all the necessary information, note that 3.10 is an out of date version of QGIS but the documentation on this point has not changed, also you might want to upgrade to a newer QGIS for bug fixes, etc..

https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/managing_data_source/opening_data.html?highlight=browser%20postgresql#database-related-tools
-Thayer

    On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 03:00:47 PM EST, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org <qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>