[Qgis-user] change position of an object (line) in a defined XY direction

nikolas.geueke at gmx.net nikolas.geueke at gmx.net
Wed Jan 4 07:22:52 PST 2023

Hello Qgis users!

I am searching for a way to change the position of an object (line) in a
defined XY direction.

The EPSG I am working with is 4326 (Where also the data where generated)

Qgis Version: 3.18.3

Problem description:

Agricultural field data was mapped with RTK tractor steering system.
Unfortunately the used RTK Base station was not set up correctly.

I calculated a position shift of     -0.0000033419,-0.0000052

Now I am searching for a method/ plugin/ . what allows me to shift (at best)
all elements of a shape layer in this direction.

With the Baseknot processing tool (don't know if that's the correct term?!)
I am able to change the Knot Coordinates but just by calculating and
entering manually.

Maybe someone has a good tip for me how to do this?

Kind regards,

Nikolas