[Qgis-user] Fwd: Your message to Qgis-user awaits moderator approval

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:01:11 PST 2023

 Hi,

(finally found the time/motivation to redo this question)

Wondering if there is a way to label features horizontal relative to the
page with an offset from the feature and callout lines.

Callout lines are simple enough, as is setting labels a certain distance
from the feature. However, this only seems possible when using the
Placement General Settings option "parallel" or "curved".

When I switch to "horizontal", the "distance" option for offsetting the
label disappears, seen in the screen shots below.

Maybe there's a way with the geometry generator or something to accomplish
this? I haven't found an option to set the label orientation explicitly
besides using the move and rotate labels tools.

This is all on 3.22.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hugh

default label options, "parallel" with distance setting option.
https://imgur.com/a/M6gvviZ

horizontal setting without distance option
https://imgur.com/a/eH6aV8D

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 7:33 PM Fernando M. Roxo da Motta via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:58:25 -0600, David Strip via Qgis-user
> <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>

> > your best bet is to upload your screenshots to an image server (eg,
> > Imgur), then inline the images into your email.
>
>   Thanks.
>

> > On 10/7/2022 11:25 AM, Hugh Kelley via Qgis-user wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I included a few screenshots in an email to the list and as a
> > > result it exceeded the acceptable file size. Is this something that
> > > can be approved or should I resend a smaller email?
> > >

>   Roxo
>
> --
> ---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG
> Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org>              | Editor?
> Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.|  VI !!
>                 PU5RXO | PX5Q6048                       | I see text,
> ------------ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?-------------+ I get text!

Hugh Kelley