[Qgis-user] transferring data from ArcGis to QGIS

Stefan Giese (WhereGroup) stefan.giese at wheregroup.com
Thu Jan 19 22:38:46 PST 2023

Hi Janet,

beside what Alexandre pointed out, there is an other free Open source
tool to convert ArcMap mxd files into QGIS projects (MapQonverter,
https://github.com/WhereGroup/mapqonverter). The difference to SLYR is,
that MapQonverter must be used within ArcMap as an ArcMap Python
toolbox. So it is only useful if you still have an ArcMap licence to
work with.

Best regards

Stefan

Am 20.01.2023 um 02:50 schrieb Alexandre Neto via QGIS-User:
> Hello Janet,
>
> It will really depend on what you mean by all your work. The projects
> and layouts are hard to come by, as they are in closed source format,
> which ain't interoperable with other software. But the data may be in
> one of hundreads of formats readable by QGIS, like Shapefiles and
> Filegeodatabases.
>
> There's a plugin that tries to import QrcGIS styles into QGIS, but not
> sure what it can do. It's called SLYR, there a paid version and a
> community version/
>

> Janet via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> escreveu no dia
> quinta, 19/01/2023 à(s) 21:20:
>
>     For a number of years, whilst a student and on the staff of
>     University I have used ArcGis.  After this year I will be retiring
>     from University and losing this access.  I would like to copy all
>     my work over to QGIS, so that I can continue my research, could
>     you let me know if this is possible and where I can locate
>     directions to do it.  I have all my work on an external hard drive.
>
>     Many thanks
>
>     Janet

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Giese
Projektleiter/Consultant
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Jetzt neu: Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei derwww.foss-academy.com
WhereGroup GmbH
Schwimmbadstr. 2
79100 Freiburg