[Qgis-user] QGIS and analytics with a nongeographical map

Rob Weaver rob.weaver at oilstates.com
Mon Jul 10 08:08:14 PDT 2023

I am curious if anyone can give me insights on how to effectively take a non-geographical map (i.e. map of a plane, map of the human body, map of a venue, map of a building's floor plan, map of an engineered item, etc.) from QGIS and effectively end-up with a topoJSON file that can be leveraged in Power BI for doing analytics.  When I attempt a very simplistic map (i.e. 3 polygons) the map displays correctly but when I have hundreds of polygons it will not display correctly.  I have scoured the internet on using QGIS for something outside of a normal map and there is very little to go on.  Is anyone aware of certain steps that need to be done in QGIS for these types of maps so that a correct TopoJSON file can be created? Any insights are appreciated.