[Qgis-user] QGIS Full Stack Web Developer

Amy Ternent amy at kartoza.com
Tue Jul 11 00:09:49 PDT 2023

We have really wonderful news! #QGIS <https://qgis.org/> is going to fund a
full-time position for one year! To apply visit:
https://kartoza.com/jobs/full-stack-web-developer

Full stack web developer:

This person will help us realise our new web site and maintain our existing
web sites. Please read the rest of this thread for details! This will be a
12-month contractor position with Kartoza <https://kartoza.com/> acting as
the managing company for the employment contract.

Salary: The salary is 1000 EUROS per month ('cost to company'). We
understand that this salary is not competitive with European / North
American norms, so it probably means the position is more suitable for
someone living in a developing nation where the cost of living is low. That
said, if you do live in one of the aforementioned 'high income' regions and
find the salary sufficient (e.g. you are retired and want to augment your
income, or otherwise have the financial means to make this work) please do
not hesitate to apply.

Skills needed:

You need to have:

   1. Python
   2.
   3.
   4. Django
   5. Docker
   6. HTML
   7. CSS (and Bulma <https://bulma.io/> in particular)
   8. Javascript
   9. Git and GitHub actions
   10. Skills in Hugo <https://gohugo.io/> will weigh heavily in your favour

   1.
   2.

   1.
   2.

   1.
   2.

Working environment:

   1. You will be working closely with the team from Kartoza
   <https://kartoza.com/> for your daily supervision
   2.
   3.
   4. Our team is a wonderful, diverse, and distributed group of people and
   we welcome the opportunity to make it even more diverse
   5. You will need to also work closely with the upstream QGIS community,
   in particular the web site team
   6. You will need to be able to organise your tasks, show steady
   progress, be reliable and accessible and work without being 'micro-managed'
   7. You will work remotely and BYODAI (Bring Your Own Device and Internet)
   8. You need to be willing (and be excited to) adhere to the QGIS Code of
   Conduct
   <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.html>
and
   the QGIS Diversity Statement
   <https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/diversitystatement.html>
and
   similar codes of conduct for Kartoza's internal practices
   9.

   1.
   2.

   1.