[Qgis-user] Clipping ecw to mask not working

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Wed Jul 26 09:00:25 PDT 2023

Hi Michael:

Enhance Compression Wavelet (ECW) is a proprietary compression format.
I would try exporting your image as a geotiff to see if it is being read
correctly and does not have internal write protection on it.

Kirk Schmidt

On 7/26/2023 2:02 AM, Michael Dufty via QGIS-User wrote:

> I'm having issues trying to clip ecw images to a mask layer.
>
> Using raster-extraction-clip raster to mask layer.
>
> Default parameters.
>
> The tool runs extremely quickly (successfullyin 0.12 seconds), but
> produces a raster entirely black (0,0,0 for all pixels).  With the
> correct extent of the mask layer.
>
> If I tick the box to create an alpha output band it produces an
> entirely transparent result.
>
> Source and mask layers both in EPSG 28350
>
> Anyone else having this issue?  I cannot see any bug reports.
>
> Tried in 328.8, 3.28.9, 3.32.0 and 3.32.1 with same result.
>
> Seems to work fine if input raster is a tif.

Kirk Schmidt, MScF, BScF, RPF
General Manager
Nortek Resource Solutions Inc.
26 Church Road