[Qgis-user] Dot Density Symbology

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:24:27 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I've been producing dot density maps for demographics work by using postgis
to assign points randomly within a polygon with the number of points
determined by, for example, the total number of a population sub-group
residing in that polygon.

I"m wondering if there might be a way to do this directly from the polygons
in QGIS with symbology.

I've looked through the resource sharing plugin without luck. I dont' think
the geometry generator can handle such a task but maybe there's a way?

Here's (apologies for the closed source link) an example of the type of
map/symbology I'm trying to describe.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=30d2e10d4d694b3eb4dc4d2e58dbb5a5

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hugh