[Qgis-user] DXF Export symbolLayer

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri Jun 9 06:18:08 PDT 2023

Hi Simon,
You don't mention the field name in QGIS, but in the example below, I will use "TEST"
Create a new field, giving it a name, it can be "RefName" if you like, you can then create an expression like

CASE WHEN " TEST " ='symbolLayer0' THEN 'SomeOtherStringA'
WHEN " TEST " ='symbolLayer1' THEN 'SomeOtherStringB'
END

This should look at the "TEST" Attribute and where it has 'symbolLayer0' it will output 'SomeOtherStringA' and where "TEST" is 'symbolLayer1' it will output 'SomeOtherStringB'
When its complete you can delete any attributes you don't need
I hope that helps,

Regards,

Richard

--
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

--
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
--
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

--