[Qgis-user] Most foolproof method for installing on Windows 10?

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 06:29:22 PDT 2023

I am wondering if someone can please recommend the installation for Windows 10 that has the lowest barrier to success? I need to make a recommendation to a client on how to install it on Windows. I had trouble a month or so ago with the OSGEO4W installer recently saying that I don't have the right DLLs in place, despite my efforts to install using the same method I have always used on Windows. I am using OSGEO4W to install QGIS on an emulated Windows on an Intel Mac that has older versions of QGIS installed. None of the QGIS version work anymore for the same reason. Maybe Windows is unhappy with my not updating Windows recently enough? I have seen fairly complicated looking solutions posted to the Github page for other users with similar errors, though not the same DLLs. Thanks in advance for any advice. My apologies for not doing more legwork before writing to the list.
-Thayer
Thayer YoungCicada Systems GIS Consultinghttp://www.cicadagis.com