[Qgis-user] SAGA Next Gen for MacOS

Etsuko Nonaka etsuko.nonaka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 03:08:27 PDT 2023

Hello the QGIS community,

I wish to use SAGA Terrain Analysis - Lighting Topographic correction in
QGIS. I installed the SAGA Next Gen plugin, and it says it requires a
manual installation of SAGA 7.2 binaries. I see a folder for SAGA 7.2.0
under SAGA GIS on Source Forge, but there are no binary files for Mac for
this version.

I ran Topographi Analysis despite the lacking file, it seemed to have run
fine but was not able to save the resulting output.

I contacted the SAGA help and was instructed to follow the
installation instructions here
https://sourceforge.net/p/saga-gis/wiki/Compiling%20SAGA%20on%20Mac%20OS%20X/

However, the program failed to compile at the very last step and generated
this error.
CMake Error at
/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.26.4/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230
(message):
Could NOT find OpenMP_C (missing: OpenMP_C_FLAGS OpenMP_C_LIB_NAMES)

If anyone knows how to use SAGA Next Gen on MacOS (I have macOS Monterey
version 12.6.6), I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.
Etsuko
Postdoc at U of Helsinki