[Qgis-user] Timestep for (Temporal) Mesh/netcdf layers?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Mar 8 01:46:05 PST 2023

Hi,

(trying here too, sorry for cross posting)

When loading (temporal) Netcdf files (as MeshLayers), the 'timestep'
that you see in the Temporal Controller does not change.

I had a look at the api, but could not find any indication of knowledge
by the QgsMeshLayer of the size of the timesteps of the data.

Within netcdf's it is common to define the timesteps as something like:
"minutes since 2022-11-27 16:00:00.0Z"
then the first set has 0, and then the next one for example 60 for
hourly data or 10 for 10-minute data.

Question: IS a temporal mesh layer aware of the timesteps used?

Or if not: I seem not to be able to inspect the data array of the 'time'
dimension. Should/can I?

IF so, we could we could deduct from the first 2 or 3 timesteps, the
size of the timestep.

Anybody a hint or idea?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde