[Qgis-user] Timestep for (Temporal) Mesh/netcdf layers?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Mar 8 06:41:22 PST 2023

Ok, found it. It is in the temporalCapabilities...

So given a loaded netcdf/mesh with time.
Easiest is the firstTimeStepDuration(i) of QgsMeshDataProviderTemporalCapabilities:

  >>> p = iface.activeLayer().dataProvider().temporalCapabilities()
  >>> p
  <qgis._core.QgsMeshDataProviderTemporalCapabilities object at 0x7fa958267e20>
  >>> p.timeExtent()
  <QgsDateTimeRange:[2022-11-07T07:00:00Z, 2022-11-08T06:00:00Z]>
  >>> p.temporalUnit()
  <TemporalUnit.Hours: 3>   <<< ?????
  # datasetTime() Returns the relative time in milliseconds of the dataset
  >>> p.datasetTime(QgsMeshDatasetIndex(0,0))
  3600000
  >>> p.datasetTime(QgsMeshDatasetIndex(0,1))
  7200000
  >>> p.datasetTime(QgsMeshDatasetIndex(0,2))
  10800000
  # firstTimeStepDuration() Returns the duration of the first time step of the dataset group with index \a group
  # in milliseconds
  p.firstTimeStepDuration(0)
  3600000  == 3600 s = 1 hours
  p.firstTimeStepDuration(0)
  21600000  == 21600 s == 360 minute == 6 hours

Only strange thing is that the temporalUnit() always returns 'hours', while the actual data time is relative in minutes...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde