[Qgis-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Geopackage slow on NAS if not read-only

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 06:45:52 PDT 2023

To share files over a network there has to be specific provision in the
software design. Sqlite is designed for single user situations. It is
not a full DBMS.

It would not be recommended to share shapefiles for multi user since it
is still a file based system. To handle multiple users accessing the
same file or data the software has to be able to break the file into
units that can be managed for multiple users. This is part of the design
of DBMS, but not in the case of most types of files.