[Qgis-user] Restrict User's access to extensions

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 23 01:00:17 PDT 2023

Pff, best to use paper maps and a calculator then ;-)

But seriously: disabling selective extensions (I think you mean the python 'plugins') is hard and totally remove python makes QGIS a lot less productive/usable.

Not sure if you can remove the default qgis plugins repo (or make it unreachable for your users), but if(!) so, you could try to remove that url, and create your own repo which ONLY holds plugins you allow (but then you are responsible to periodically update them). And off course a user can always download the plugin from plugins.qgis.org as zip and install it (or even copy it from another computer).

Or do you mean other extensions?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde