[Qgis-user] [pyqgis] looping through a raster (andrea antonello)

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Fri May 5 12:26:34 PDT 2023

Hi Doug,

Why not call GRASS r.series through the python interface, average the stack
> of rasters there, then select the point value from the result. It's a bit
> brute force, but when I have used  r.series directly in GRASS with hundreds
> of large rasters at a time, there was fairly low memory usage.

thanks for the response. My example was really just to explain myself a bit
better.
The idea is to be able to just walk the raster, being it row by row, but
maybe also in a more morphologic way to follow certain terrain attributes
(could be flowdirections or particular slope attributes).
Currently I am putting this information together for teaching purposes. So
without relying on external modules or the processing toolbox, simply be
able to access raster data (and ideally also create a new raster).

Cheers,
Adrea