[Qgis-user] QGIS for safe organization use.

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Tue May 23 10:35:43 PDT 2023

So let me get this right, Simon:

You work for a national defense agency, in a high-security
environment.

Yet:

  You prefer and trust (because it is expensive, and must thus
be trustworthy?) a GIS that is produced by a foreign giant
corporation and consists of only proprietary software which you
cannot inspect on a source code level? And whose fileformats have
no detailed, public documentation?

  You would rather entrust your data (infrastructure) to the
proprietary black-box technologies of said company, than to
an open source infrastructure that is built openly by volunteers,
public services and smaller companies all around the world?

Do you see the fundamental flaw in your decision making process?

Cheers,

Ben