[Qgis-user] Pansharpening Problem

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Thu Nov 16 06:11:34 PST 2023

Hi Grant:

If you are ending up with null values and zero's, check the values in
the raster you are pan sharpening against the training or higher
resolution raster you are using to sharpen. Is there null data in the
high res raster.  Review the input requirements of the routine to ensure
the tool will work with your data. Perhaps pan sharpening a 3 channel
raster with a single channel raster creates the problem.

Kirk Schmidt

On 11/15/2023 9:52 PM, Grant Boxer via QGIS-User wrote:

> I am attempting to pansharpen a PRISMA hyperspectral RGB image and I
> am getting areas within the image that are clipped (no data). These
> appear to bands with zero values in two of the three bands. Anyone
> have a work around or suggest how this can be avoided. I am using the
> gdal pansharpen tool and latest release QGIS 3.34.
>
> Cheers Grant
>
> Perth WA

Kirk Schmidt, MScF, BScF, RPF
General Manager