[Qgis-user] Official check of plugins on "official" repository?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:34:44 PST 2023

Dear Alexandre,
I understand the limitations of human resources. And my acknowledgment
to those involved in the QGIS project.
All I'm asking is a consistent terminology so that users are fully
aware of the potential problems: the only "official" or
fully tested plugins should be those which are now named "featured".
And the notice "Plugins are developed by independent organizations and
developers,
the QGIS organization does not take any responsibility for them" (or
similar), should be in QGIS Plugins/Manage and Install Plugins.
I'm already very involved on reporting issues in the github systems of
the plugins I use. Perhaps a system to report eventual problems caused
by the plugins in QGIS
could be considered so that QGIS users could use that information to
decide whether to install a given plugin or not. The current situation
in which installing or running a plugin can crash QGIS goes
against QGIS being contemplated as a stable and reliable software.
Hope QGIS developers find my comments useful.
Best,