[Qgis-user] Reselect Features

Michael Edward McNeil memcneil02 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:04:37 PST 2023

Why doesn't the Edit > Select > Reselect Features command work? I've lost so many complex selections because a) either my finger slipped, or the shift or control key didn't function for an instant – together with b) whereby I can't recover the lost selection with the foregoing command, as (from what I've read) it's supposed to. (Reselect Features, in my experience, doesn't function properly on either MacOS or Windows.)

As an alternative, by the way, to this delicate situation where work can be lost at an accidental keystroke, why not add an "Add mode" and "Subtract mode" where (till changed) all selections are either one or the other, and not (by default) the type of keystroke that, at a stroke, will obliterate a long selection process.

Michael McNeil