[Qgis-user] Donation

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Mon Nov 27 09:56:21 PST 2023

> Tried to download. It was impossible without donating.
> I did donation. I have a reciept of that.

I think you were scammed, there is no donation requirement on the
official QGIS website.  Who did you give your money to?

> But could not download?

When I go to the official download page I see plenty of download links
but nothing about donating money:
https://qgis.org/fi/site/forusers/download.html

> I am really angry because of that kind of behavior.
> In the beginning, I got the impression that donation is not needed.
> However, as I could not do anything I did a small 10€ donation. But good
> bye money.

Yes, that is a problem with scammers.  It is best to always go to the
official web sites to avoid falling for these tricks.  Any time you are
forced to give money for a free product like QGIS it is a scam -
donations are certainly welcomed but never mandatory.

Cheers,
Adam.