[Qgis-user] Donation

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Mon Nov 27 12:46:49 PST 2023

Hi Ilkka,

I am sorry to hear about your download troubles! I replied you personally
(without the mailing list) with additional download instructions.

My guess is that you just did not wait long enough for the download. The
MSI installers on Windows are 1.2GB in size and that can take up to 30
minutes or longer to download. Please have a look at your browser's
download manager to see the download progress.

As a clarification: donations are really optional. The donation hint
appears after you initiated the download - and you can of course ignore
this, although donations are of course welcome (if you like QGIS). Esp. if
you are a new user: please try QGIS first if it is usefully for you and
only donate if you really find QGIS useful.

Best regards,
Andreas
(QGIS treasurer)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 at 18:32, Ilkka Haapalinna via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi
> I am a bit (a lot) frustrated.
> Tried to download. It was impossible without donating.
> I did donation. I have a reciept of that.
> But could not download?
> I am really angry because of that kind of behavior.
> In the beginning, I got the impression that donation is not needed.
> However, as I could not do anything I did a small 10€ donation. But good
> bye money.
> NO download.
> This can be called moneypump!
> Ilkka Haapalinna